Join us on our journey to making this ugly-split level a home that we can learn to love, one DIY project at a time.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

DIY Barn Wood TV Frame

Barn Wood TV Frame
I love having my tv above my fireplace, but I hate that it takes the place of a potential piece of artwork...so I did a little research and decided that we were going to create a barn wood picture frame for our tv to make it more appealing. 

We used rough cut cedar because it looked rough and worn in texture.  The color, though was a redish pine look- which does not scream barn wood.  So we bought gray and brown stain from Walmart and we used both colors, making streaks of one and then another and blending.  It turned out looking almost identical to barn wood!
Here is a link to my shanty tutorial: http://myuglysplitlevel.blogspot.com/p/tutorials.html
After we finished creating it, we just slid it over the tv.  It fits snugly and we haven't had any problems with it coming off.   Overall it was around 30 dollars.

4 comments:

  1. I adore that lantern and the planters! This whole set up looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you purchase the lanterns? Love them!

    ReplyDelete