Join us on our journey to making this ugly-split level a home that we can learn to love, one DIY project at a time.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Dining Room. Finally.

Well, it was the last room I focused on because I thought I could never afford a new dining table...but with my new obsession with building furniture, we were able to build a rustic farm table for only 100-ish dollars!  I already had the black chairs, which went with an ugly orange round table that took up too much space!  For this table we customized the measurements to fit in our dining room by literally taping of the space that we wanted it to take up.

I recovered the chairs with a cream colored fabric, which seems scary when you have a five year old running around, but I found a clear plastic "fabric" at Joanns and I placed it right over the fabric on his chair as I recovered.  So far he has spilled and dropped food at probably every meal, but the seat remains immaculate!   And I love the serene feel of the light colors.

Here are the plans we used from Ana White: DIY Farmhouse Table





We also built this console table to match the farm table (left above).  We modified it to be as tall as we could stand, that way it would fill space on our tall, long wall.  I love our vaulted ceilings, but MAN! They are hard to work with!

Here is the plan we used for this piece from Liz Marie (I love her blog!!):  DIY Farmhouse Console
Both are stained with natural and provincial.

 We also found our farmhouse chandelier at Menards (right above)- right on the store floor- no need for ordering.  It was only 150ish dollars and it has two tiers!  We love it!








5 comments:

  1. Love your super cozy style and your humor! Found you by accidwnt, but will definitely become a regular visitor. Your place is too cute to stay away from!
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, stumbled across your blog. Finally a relatable blogger!great style& humor!! Keep posting, lover the fireplace /mantel. Original?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your table! What dimensions did you make the table top?

    ReplyDelete