Join us on our journey to making this ugly-split level a home that we can learn to love, one DIY project at a time.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Master Bedroom

Master Bedroom: A Work in Progress!

I wish my camera could capture the way the sun glows golden through the windows in this room.  It is one of the reasons I have not touched the paint or the awful gold curtains.  The way the light shines in off the lake is amazing.  I worry that if I change any colors or add any, I will lose that.

With that being said I have not done much to this room at all, aside from carpet, which already needs replacing unfortunately.  I am honestly only showing it because I had a request.  Once I get down to business, I will get something posted.  Until then!

Click "Read More" to see more pictures of this room.






We tried to make it simple and cozy.  Ignore the creepy figure in the mirror.  

9 comments:

  1. Too funny - I was looking for fireplace makeovers and found your fireplace post, then thought that the interior seemed awfully familiar and then that I hadn't seen a lot of houses like that outside of Omaha - only to see in the next post that you are indeed in Omaha. :) (I live in an ugly split level in Omaha too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! Had you seen it before? The world seems small sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I'd never seen it before. I love what you did with the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you done with your blog??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non :) I have much more to share, just trying to find the time. I did just post another update. Sorry they are so few and far between!

      Delete
    2. Non :) I have much more to share, just trying to find the time. I did just post another update. Sorry they are so few and far between!

      Delete
    3. What size bed do you have? We just bought a split level and REALLY want a king. I think our room is about the same size as yours and I am trying to see if it will fit. :)

      Delete
    4. It is a queen in this picture. There is an updated picture of the bedroom on my blog in which I have a king size bed. We upgraded. It does take up quite a bit of space, but we don't mind. We still have room for everything else and a small chair in the corner. :)

      Delete