Join us on our journey to making this ugly-split level a home that we can learn to love, one DIY project at a time.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Jute Rug!

                        Jute Rug!

We got a jute rug! Finally!  Also changed the light fixture to a chandelier with shades. Yay!  No more ugly yellow glass against a brown wall (yellow and brown together- you know where I'm going with this...)  
We found this chandelier in a brushed nickel finish at Home Depot for 60 dollars.  If we would have ordered it in black, it would have been 150.  So we purchased the silver one and spray painted it black which saved me enough to purchase this jute rug from Home Goods.  I know they have different inventory all over, but if you can find one there it is 50 percent of the average price you find online.


If you have a split, you know the area behind the railing is a tough place to decorate- it looks empty, yet there is light there, which would look strange with any sort of wall art.  If you you have figured this one out, let me know please!  For now, this is it. (I've thought about shelving, floor to ceiling, but that would be an expensive quest-to find that many neutral or blue bound books-which I would just have to have right?!). 

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how I decorated mine.

    http://chelleslittlecorner.blogspot.com/2015/05/diy-canvas-art.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a very large piece of artwork (3'x6') on my wall behind the living room half wall. I love it! I bought the piece when we lived in a different house, and it fits perfectly here. It makes a big statement when people come in our home and when hanging out in the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get the jute rug?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homegoods. It was very affordable, but they don't carry stock items so you'd have to keep an eye out.

      Delete
    2. Homegoods. It was very affordable, but they don't carry stock items so you'd have to keep an eye out.

      Delete
  5. Don't know if you check this, but I actually put a ladder on that wall. I got one of those huge long ladders at a yard sale and they cut it in half and sold it to me for 5 dollars. I use the other half for a blanket ladder in my living room corner where you have your high back chair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. all of the product are awesome!

    ReplyDelete