Join us on our journey to making this ugly-split level a home that we can learn to love, one DIY project at a time.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Moonshot from Ace


             Moonshot from Ace

I have been wanting to incorporate a lighter color into my house that isn't quite white, but is as close as I can visually stand to it (because it looks just so dang classy all over Pinterest I just had to try it).

  I have dark brown walls, which was an accident and has been tricky.  It's actually really cozy, but it doesn't photograph well, which stinks for sharing pics of the abode.  The contrasting walls to the brown ones were meant to be a tan color, but actually turned out to be green.



 If you have seen some of my previous posts, you've seen this color.  It's not an ugly color, but it's not pretty either.  It's just... meh.






Well, I finally got brave and I tried a new color in the kitchen and in the bedroom (which were my two greenish rooms) and I am so glad I did, because I love this color.  It doesn't look blue at all in the store, it actually looks very greige, but when it was painted on my walls, an expected thing happened.  It changed colors,  which made me SO mad, but I actually love it.  It is a greige with the palest tint of blue- the perfect blue I might add that is kind of there if you want to see it.

What a difference it has made!  I love it!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! What's the color and what brand? I'm trying to pick a perfect blue/green/gray colot. It's not east.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! It's called Moonshot at Ace Hardware.

      Delete