Join us on our journey to making this ugly-split level a home that we can learn to love, one DIY project at a time.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

DIY Christmas Centerpieces

Hello! I hope you had a very thankful weekend as you battled with strangers for more things to be thankful for during black Friday sales!  I know I did!  I don't even know what I bought.  It was absolute madness.  "You get my credit card and you get my credit card!  Everybody gets my credit card!!"  I am afraid to look in my trunk.  

But I can say that I did save money on my centerpieces I used for hosting Thanksgiving dinner.  I had 12 people in this tiny house!!  12!  We had to move the living room furniture out to make way for a table that spanned the width of my entire house!  

Anyway, I always decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving so that my family can see our tree during Thanksgiving as we do not host Christmas.  Therefore my centerpieces which were meant for Thanksgiving are actually for Christmas.  

I created these using Jones soda bottles...and since those are technically groceries I am not going to count them as an expense for this project. :D  I bought 3 packs of candle sticks from the Dollar Tree which cost me a whopping 3 dollars and I used Jute I had on hand to wrap the necks of the bottles.  I grabbed a piece of greenery I had wrapped around my banister and cut 6 pieces from it to decorate the fronts of the bottles.  I sprinkled epsom salt inside.  And presto!  A 3 dollar centerpiece.  




7 comments:

  1. So I don't always comment but I always always check to see if there's updates! I miss your posts!!!!!!!!! Haha do you think sometime you could do a complete house tour post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are working on the basement this summer so I will have one soon! Thank you for always stopping back. I am flattered! I will soon have some posts for a few different projects we have just finished if that helps!!
      Ashley

      Delete
  2. Quick question. I'm trying to decide if I should paint the bedroom doors (facing the hallway) black or keep them white. My house layout is similar to yours. Any suggestions? Too dark?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it helps, my layout is exactly the same as hers and I painted mine a dark grey. If you wanna look to see, you can pull up my Instagram at "torilovesvintage" :)<3

      Delete
    2. I think if you love the way it looks- go for it! I painted the back of my front door black and I love the way it looks! Even with my dark walls. I haven't done that in my halls though because of the darkness of my walls and the lack of light, although I wonder sometimes if it would make it look richer and if I am missing the boat! It might also add some character too, which some of our split-levels desperately need! :)

      Delete
    3. I think if you love the way it looks- go for it! I painted the back of my front door black and I love the way it looks! Even with my dark walls. I haven't done that in my halls though because of the darkness of my walls and the lack of light, although I wonder sometimes if it would make it look richer and if I am missing the boat! It might also add some character too, which some of our split-levels desperately need! :)

      Delete